Having a child produces amazing changes in the body. The body changes with pregnancy, at delivery and after childbirth.
Some of these changes in pregnancy include:
- changes to the position of bones to accommodate the growing foetus
- stretching and lengthening of abdominal muscles
- changes to posture and the body’s centre of gravity due to growth of the abdomen
- in later pregnancy the baby’s position creates pressure on the diaphragm producing changes in breathing patterns
- inhibition of the proper function of the deep postural muscles and pelvic floor muscles due to lower back, pelvic and hip pain.